I know this is the second time I’ve posted something like this but please check this out reblog and donate if possible. My sister was in a terrible car accident while bringing her daughter home from surgery and her insurance isn’t covering any of it.
Yo. Everyome should reblog this. And if you can even spare a dollar it will help. This is a pretty shitty situation to be in.
the living breathing street / 5x7 print giveaway
- “first street bus stop (#1)”
- 5x7 archival quality glossy artists work print
- 1/4” white border, signed and dated
- like or reblog this post to enter
- must be a follower of the living breathing street on tumblr
- draw on Friday, December 6th, 2013
- winner will be randomly drawn and announced on this post so check back to find out if you won
- I’ll ship it anywhere, also free!
please reblog with this info intact so others have a chance at the print. It’s a very good print. the colors are superb and aside from the 8x10 i printed for myself it’s one of the best prints i’ve made so far. it’ll look great on your wall.
this is one of only two artist workprints that weren’t destroyed because of flaws so who knows, maybe i get hit by a bus and it’ll be worth enough for a starbucks coffee one day ;)
a decellularized “ghost” heart
aaaaaaaay extracellular matrix
How cool is it that when you take all the cells out of an organ it still looks like an organ?
I remember when I was in high school and still very confused about how tissues worked, because all anyone taught me was that we’re made up of piles of cells hung on bones. But that’s not how it is! Cells build themselves little hammocks of polymer and densely branched glycoproteins; we’re like onions, layers of membrane over tough rubbery collagen, huge protein scaffolds cradling slippery organs.
Bodies are not made of cells — bodies are made by cells.